George Hall's Creative Weblog

In the eighties, I was an Australian comics artist with a comic called REVERIE. Now I'm a social media blogger and video blogger.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

So Much Changes...

One year after the last post on this particular blog, so much has changed.

Almost a year ago, Black Saturday and the associated bushfires changed Victoria Australia forever.

It also changed my direction entirely.

In those six weeks of the Victorian bushfires, I ended up suddenly having to learn to use social media, first to help my niece, then my state. On Twitter, as @geehall1, I became a relayer of emergency and CFA information.

In the months after that, I turned to the social aspect of social media as part of the Tweetupmellers/Twums tweetup, becoming a video interviewer and delving into producing video content from those interviews.

One year later, the @geehall1 social media properties include accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Friendfeed, identi.ca and Plurk, to varying degrees.

In the end, a whole new direction was taken.

That has meant my Terrorgard serial was postponed to an undefined later date.

Boy, what a difference a year made, especially when I look at the last sentence of the post I did almost exactly one year ago.

Yesterday, January 29 2010, I finally added two dotcom domains to the list.

With a greater profile in social media and a following of over 500 on Twitter, there's a lot of potential and a few opportunities yet to explore. I consider it an ongoing journey worth following, which may help things with my novels a bit further down.

In the meantime, there's still geehall.blogspot.com and geehall1.blogspot.com, used for tech/social media and bushfire/emergency blogging respectively on a non-specific schedule.

For near-daily stuff on tech/social media and the rest of my social media endeavors, there's now also georgehallonline.com and www.geehall1.com.

And it's a whole new year AGAIN.

Let's see where it takes us.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home